The Internet Based Purchasing System (IBPS) is designed as the name implies, to operate over the World Wide Web utilizing Electronic Commerce Technologies. This creates a standardized interactive web site providing a complete purchasing and contract management support system for Air Force activities that operate using Nonappropriated Funds (NAF). IBPS interfaces with the Air Force Services Financial Management System (AFSFMS).
A multi-tiered environment giving access to users at only the level(s) they require.
- AFNAF Procurement Office level
- Service level: (i.e. Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines, and Coast Guard)
- MAJCOM level (i.e. AETC, AFSPC, ACC, etc.)
- Base level (i.e. Ramstein AB, Sheppard AFB, etc.)
- Activity Level (i.e. Bowling Centers, Golf Courses, Clubs, etc.)
- IBPS Managers are assigned at the various levels of access to IBPS. These managers will provide maintenance of users and information at the level for which they are given access.
- Real-time, on-line access to databases with current and up-to-date purchasing information from the purchase request to delivery and receipt of requested goods or services.
- Tracking and auditing though the various approval and coordination levels of the purchasing and contract process.
- A wide range of reporting of all NAF purchases